Sunday, February 10, 2008

It seems that people are always contacting me and asking if I can build banjos with adjustable heads and hardware. Well, the answer is yes, I can. However, I am not building them right now. I haven't gotten tackheads out of my system yet, but will be turning to banjos with hardware very soon, and plan to be building and selling such instruments by this summer. I am in the process of retooling my shop a bit, and also thinking about different hardware designs. I won't be doing any casting, but will instead by machining parts out of brass and steel. I'll be building a few for myself, first, and then they'll hit the market.

Also, I updated the "listen" section with a couple new tunes from Tim Twiss - Sugar in De' Gourd, and Ethiopian Cracovienne. They are fantastic recordings, so check them out when you can.

No comments: